[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
www.below-the-fold.com • View topic - Name the most world leaders contest

Name the most world leaders contest

Foreign Policy, International Politics, etc

Name the most world leaders contest

Postby Innovator » Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I spend some of my time on another forum made of of about 50% Europeans. An occasional theme that comes up is the world's disproportionate interest in all things American an the general lack of interest and knowledge Americans have about other places. I though this one would be fun the share.

Without looking it up I wonder who can do the best at knowing the names and countries of the most world leaders. Honor system. No research allowed. Just from Memory. No peeking at others' answers. I'll embarrass myself and go first.

Barack Obama- USA
Gordon Brown- UK
Raul Castro- Cuba
Hugo Chavez- Venezuela
Jacob Zuma- South Africa
Kim Jhong Il- North Korea
Can't spell his name and I must follow the rules so Maqmood Admendinajad is the best I can recall in terms of spelling- Iran
Bhutto (Benazir's widower)- Pakistan
Hosni Mubarack- Egypt
Mohamar Khadafi- Lybia
Hamid Karzai- Afghanistan
King Hussein (forgot first name. American wife) - Jordan
Robert Mugabe- Zimbabwe
Pope Benedict XVI- The Vatican if that counts

Iraq- I know the face. Can't remember the name. Mallaki I think.
Syria- I know the face. Can't remember the name. On the tip of my tongue. Inherited late dad's position like in Jordan
Israel- I know the face. Can't remember the name. On the tip of my tongue. Omar Olevert I think.
Russia- I know the face. Can't remember the name. Vladimir Putin still runs everything anyway
France- Sardowski something or the other. Short dude with nude model wife
Germany- Whats her name
Argentina- Whats her name
Brazil- On the tip of my tongue. Regular guy success story but is jealous of America
Honduras- The elected guy got kicked out by the military. Can't remember name

Canada- Pass
Mexico- Pass. Used to be Vincente Fox, the racist
Japan- Pass
Italy- Pass
China- Pass
India- Pass

...better stop now.
Last edited by Innovator on Sat May 22, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innovator

Print view this post

Re: Name the most world leaders contest

Postby Polk » Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 pm

United States - Obama
Canada- Harper
Mexico - Calderon
Cuba - Castro, Raul
Venezuela - Chavez
Brazil - Lula
Argentina - Kirchner
United Kingdom - Brown
France - Sarkozy
Germany - Merkel
Italy - Berlusconi
Poland - Tusk
Russia - Medvedev
China - Hu Jintao
Australia - Martin
Afghanistan - Karzai
Iran - Ahmadinejad
Iraq - Maliki
India - Singh
Israel - Neyanyahu
Libya - al-Gaddafi
Sudan - al-Bashir
South Africa - Zuma
Zimbabwe - Mugabe

Those were the ones I thought of on a first pass around the map.
Polk

Print view this post

Return to World News