[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4121)
www.below-the-fold.com • View topic - Obama-McCain I: Live Debate Thread

Obama-McCain I: Live Debate Thread

Re: Obama-McCain I: Live Debate Thread

Postby Emma » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 am

I finally had the chance to watch the rest of the debate (my daughter had recorded it for me).

Obama nailed it on foreign policy and national security. He came across as Presidential, rational, knowledgeable, and tough. His responses on Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran had McCain against the ropes and looking like a fool. And I loved his answers about diplomacy.

While McCain stood there and told feel-good stories and kept talking about the past, Obama provided a glimpse into the future and proved he has a strong grasp of the issues facing us down the road. McCain's answers left no doubt he intends to follow the policies laid out over the last 7 years.

I'm not a Democrat, and my support for Obama came slowly and primarily because of his domestic policy. I'll admit I was concerned about his ability to handle foreign policy. But no longer. I have a feeling that, while hard-core Republicans are not going to see it this way, those who actually watched this with a critical eye would agree with me. Certainly independents and those toward the center (and even the left) will agree.
Emma

Print view this post

Previous

Return to American Politics